Thursday, December 9, 2010

Travels across the Country & Cape Town

      I'm officially on "holiday"! April, Leah, and I traveled to Cape Town with Maryke, a girl from South Africa, and we stopped along the Garden Route on the way. Besides bungy jumping, we stopped at Tsitsikamma National Park, a few pretty beaches, Outshoorn, Paarl (Maryke's home town), and Stellenbosch to stop at some wineries.

Our first stop. Breakfast at Tiffany's in Port Elizabeth

Our trusty means of transportation. We had a trailor because Maryke
was moving home from school, not because we had so much stuff!

Tsitsikamma Natinal Park

Cango Caves in Oudtshoorn

Just riding an Ostridge

April, Leah, and I on top of Paarl Rock

Waterford Winery, where we had wine and chocolate
We stayed at two hostels along the way and then Maryke's house on the third night. We were so fortunate to find someone that was driving because it was so nice being able to stop where ever we wanted to.

So now I'm all settled in at the hostel in Cape Town. The hostel that I'm staying at is called Atlantic Point, which opened in June in perfect time for the World Cup. The location is very nice. When I walk to the main street I can see Green Point Stadium (for the World Cup) and it's a pretty short walk to the V & Waterfront.
http://www.atlanticpoint.co.za/

This cute little soccer ball boat that you can rent to go
through the Waterfront
Green Point Stadium
On Wednesday, Leah, Lauren (a girl I met from England) and I
went to Robben Island. This is a picture of Nelson Mandela's prison cell.
Clifton Beach, where we will be spending several days:)
The Atlantic Ocean is absolutely freezing though!

Thank you for reading, Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment